DefinedMeaning talk:Volk (1137352)
I think the actual definition is somehow recurrent, given that it uses expressions that require a previous notion about the concept. It could be changed to something like "people pertaining to the most extended social stratus" or "people pertaining to the lower social stratus". Saludos--Galeote 19:30, 8 November 2009 (UTC)
- I'm not sure that I get what you mean and tend to propose that the last part, "the masses" (the only part of the definition that requires a previous notion, AFAICS), is replaced by one of your suggestions, though I am not sure which fits better. I guess "extended" goes hand in hand with "lower" (and "poorer") in all human societies and therefore something like "people pertaining to the lower, most extended social stratus" would be just fine. --dh 22:36, 8 November 2009 (UTC)
- Changing to "people of the lower classes" for the expression "mass", with the usage annotation "used in plural" (example: The masses are revolting). --InfoCan 17:55, 17 April 2012 (CEST)
- Adding DM "The mass of a community as distinguished from a special class (elite)" for the expression "people". --InfoCan 17:57, 17 April 2012 (CEST)
Out of sync
- The definition in language "nld" (Dutch) is out of sync.
- The definition in language "deu" (German) is out of sync.