As an anonymous user, you can only add new data. If you would like to also modify existing data, please create an account and indicate your languages on your user page.
DefinedMeaning talk:alkékenge (971979)
The English and French expressions are names of two different species: Physalis alkekengi (slightly poisonous) and Physalis peruviana (edible). --Ortografix 12:22, 2 September 2008 (EDT)
- I separated the 2 DMs. Apparently, my source was not reliable, and gave everything as synonyms.
- However, I did not find an indication that Physalis alkekengi is slightly poisonous.
- Physalis alkekengi => fr.wiki says it is edible and used in cooking. en.wiki says nothing
- Physalis peruviana => both en.wiki and fr.wiki says it is edible.
- --Kipcool 03:10, 3 September 2008 (EDT)
- de.wiki says it is disputable if the berries of Physalis alkekengi are poisonous. Some sources mention "sickness" after consumption of a big amount of berries, but do not specify the amount.
- Thanks for the correction! --Ortografix 12:01, 3 September 2008 (EDT)
- At least "stachelberre" is misspelled. --Ortografix 12:01, 3 September 2008 (EDT)