As an anonymous user, you can only add new data. If you would like to also modify existing data, please create an account and indicate your languages on your user page.
This article (mainland) needs attention because:
It has been added to this category for attention. Thank you for your patience.
The given definition is that of "continent". Rather than the current def:
- A large and continuous mass of land, as opposed to an island.
- A large landmass in a region (as contrasted with a nearby island or islands), or the largest of a group of islands in an archipelago.
--InfoCan 12:10, 17 March 2012 (CET)
- Your proposed def is grammatically strange, I don't understand the last part: "or to the largest of a group of islands in an archipelago".
- Could you give a specific example where you think the first def (which I wrote myself ;-) ) does not fit well?
- Or do you mean that the largest island in an archipelago is also called mainland? --Kip 12:57, 17 March 2012 (CET)
- Typo corrected. Yes. I got the definition form Wikipedia .
- Ok, the question then is whether we include both in 1 DM as you wrote above, or create two separate DMs, one for "A large landmass in a region (as contrasted with a nearby island or islands)" and another one for "the largest of a group of islands in an archipelago". At least in French, they are both translated differently. --Kip 13:36, 17 March 2012 (CET)