Three types of annotations
There are three types of annotations.
- 1 - Lexical annotations
- They are annotations about the word itself, here "Gugelhupfform", and will indicate its part of speech, gender, pronunciation, etymology, etc.
- 2 - Lexical annotations of the synonyms and translations
- Annotations like "1", providing a quick way to access the annotations for synonyms and translations without clicking on the word.
- 3 - Semantic annotations
- They are annotations about the concept itself, its topic (here: "cooking"), images for illustrating the concept, its relations (e.g. "Gugelhupfform" is "used to make" => "Gugelhupf"), links to Wikipedia about that concept, etc.
Editing annotations 1 and 3
To edit annotations 1 and 3, it is done the standard wiki way:
- click on the top of the page on "edit"
- add and modify the annotations
- click on the bottom of the page on "save"
Editing translation annotations 2
To edit annotations 2, a dynamic editing is used. You can edit directly from the "view" mode and don't need to edit the entire page.