Help:List of annotations
 General annotations
The following annotations are available for all DMs and expressions. In addition to that, there are also language specific classes specific annotations (see below).
feel free to start writing the red pages
 Annotations at a DefinedMeaning level
These annotations are semantic annotations. They depend on the meaning of the word, not on the language. For example, an image representing a word can also be used for all translations.
- Relations between DMs
- Commons category
- Image from Commons
- Wikidata ID - used to provide links to Wikipedia.
 Annotations at a Syntrans level
These annotations are lexical annotations. They are about the word itself and the language, rather than about the meaning of the word.
- Contextual annotations
- Grammatical annotations
- Orthographic annotations
- Pronunciation annotations
 Language specific annotations
All language specific annotations are at SynTrans level.
- Area - indicates where a particular word is used. e.g. Australia, New-Zealand, United Kingdom, United States.
- IAST (International Alphabet of Sanskrit Transliteration)
- revised Hepburn romanization
- Hiragana (indicates the reading of a kanji with Hiragana characters)
- Katakana (indicates the reading of a kanji with Katakana characters)
 Class specific annotations
- country: the country where the city is located.
- e.g. "France" for the city "Paris"
- county: the state/county/province where the city is located
- demonym: what the people living in the city are called
- former name: the former name(s) of the city
- e.g. "Leningrad" and "Petrograd" for the city "Saint Petersburg"
- Geonames ID ????
- is situated at the: the name of the river(s) that flow through the city, if any
- e.g. "Seine" for the city "Paris"