As an anonymous user, you can only add new data. If you would like to also modify existing data, please create an account and indicate your languages on your user page.
Meta:Word of the day archive/2013/02
- 2013-02-01:A beetle that feeds partly or exclusively on feces.
- 2013-02-02:A device used to lower the absolute humidity in a room.
- 2013-02-03:The scientific study of ants.
- 2013-02-04:Located behind the cranium.
- 2013-02-05:An item that is placed on the end of a bowling alley, and which one can then try to strike and topple with a bowling ball.
- 2013-02-06:Relating to the planet Jupiter.
- 2013-02-07:A person who plans and designs a landscape, garden, or outdoor space.
- 2013-02-08:Plant that grows on ground rich in chalc.
calciphyte • calcicole • calciphile
- 2013-02-09:A woman preparing and serving drinks at a bar.
- 2013-02-10:Having or expressing doubt.
sceptical • skeptical
- 2013-02-11:An object made of absorbent material attached to a pole or stick and used to clean floors and other surfaces with a liquid.
- 2013-02-12:A beer served from a cask or keg.
draft beer • draught beer
- 2013-02-13:The seed of the areca palm (Areca catechu)
areca nut • betel nut
- 2013-02-14:An intense and prolonged artillery fire.
cannonade • drumfire
- 2013-02-15:A conical shaped device serving as an hearing aid.
- 2013-02-16:A cosmetic surgery procedure to give a more youthful appearance to the face by removing wrinkles.
facelift • face lifting • rhytidectomy • rhytidoplasty
- 2013-02-17:The earliest recorded form of Low German, documented from the 8th century until the 12th century.
Old Saxon • Old Low German
- 2013-02-18:To take (an article of clothing) away from one's body.
doff • take off • remove
- 2013-02-19:A young immature eagle.
- 2013-02-20:To paint something to make it look like ebony.
ebonise • ebonize
- 2013-02-21:A wave caused by an incoming tide traveling up an estuary.
tidal bore • eagre • eygre • aegir
- 2013-02-22:One of the two flaps attached to a cap to cover the ears.
earflap • earlap
- 2013-02-23:A celebration of lovers that is observed on February 14.
Valentine's Day • Saint Valentine's Day • Feast of Saint Valentine
- 2013-02-24:A hybrid of the Chinese Yulan magnolia and Mulan magnolia which is now the most commonly used magnolia in horticulture.
- 2013-02-25:Of noble or aristocratic birth.
- 2013-02-26:Of fabric or clothing: Used to so much that the warp threads show.
- 2013-02-27:Bearing a child for the first time.
- 2013-02-28:Any of various portable devices for extinguishing a fire with chemicals.
fire extinguisher • flame extinguisher • extinguisher