As an anonymous user, you can only add new data. If you would like to also modify existing data, please create an account and indicate your languages on your user page.
Meta:Word of the day archive/2013/03
- 2013-03-01:Someone who eats horsemeat.
- 2013-03-02:The study of the effects of foods on gene expression.
- 2013-03-03:A large pelagic shark inhabiting tropical and warm temperate seas, having long, white-tipped, rounded fins.
oceanic whitetip shark
- 2013-03-04:The neck of a horse.
- 2013-03-05:A kind of small sharp bony or horny spike pointing rearward, near the foot of certain male galliform birds.
- 2013-03-06:A fungus of the genus Claviceps which grows on rye and similar plants.
ergot • ergot fungi
- 2013-03-07:A person who grows grapes.
- 2013-03-08:A branch of medicine concerned with the study and treatment of obesity.
- 2013-03-09:A serving of food accompanying, and meant to be consumed with, the main course of a meal.
- 2013-03-10:Able to kill cancer cells without damaging healthy tissue.
- 2013-03-11:A torticollis characterized by a hyperextension of the head and neck backwards.
- 2013-03-13:An addictive psychoactive drug of formula C10H15N.
methamphetamine • meth • crystal • ice • speed
- 2013-03-14:A Roman general, statesman, Consul and notable author of Latin prose.
- 2013-03-15:The number by which a fixed number (the base) must be raised to produce a given number.
- 2013-03-16:An explosive device, concealed under or on the ground and designed to destroy or disable enemy targets as they pass over or near the device.
- 2013-03-17:The number ten to the googolth power, or 10 to the power of 10 to the power of 100.
- 2013-03-18:The trait of being apt or likely to forget things.
- 2013-03-19:The canvassing of a representative sample of a large group of people on some question in order to determine the general opinion of a group.
- 2013-03-20:A flow of water over the crest of the beach that deposits sediments inland.
- 2013-03-21:(For livestock) To feed on grass or herbage from a pasture.
graze • pasture
- 2013-03-22:A child not yet born in the mother's womb.
- 2013-03-23:That has not been impaired or altered.
unimpaired • unchanged • unaltered • intact
- 2013-03-24:A small flaw which spoils the appearance of something
- 2013-03-25:Any element from the nitrogen group of the periodic table; nitrogen, phosphorus, arsenic, antimony and bismuth.
pnictogen • pentel
- 2013-03-26:One shouldn't judge someone or something only based on appearances.
you can't judge a book by its cover • the cowl does not make the monk
- 2013-03-27:A small passerine bird of the species Cardellina ruber endemic to the highlands of Mexico.
- 2013-03-28:To take an excessive dose of a substance.
to overdose • OD
- 2013-03-29:The state or quality of being angelical.
- 2013-03-30:To remove a veil from.