As an anonymous user, you can only add new data. If you would like to also modify existing data, please create an account and indicate your languages on your user page.
Meta:Word of the day archive/2013/04
- 2013-04-01:Lasting three days.
triduan • three-day
- 2013-04-02:To chat casually with someone with the hope of obtaining some advantage from it.
to schmooze • to shmooze
- 2013-04-03:That benefits all parties involved, without the need of a compromise.
- 2013-04-04:Having a normal body temperature.
- 2013-04-05:The process of making or becoming ugly.
- 2013-04-06:A small excrescence of the cecum.
vermiform appendix • caecal appendix • vermix
- 2013-04-07:A shrub native to Asia and Eastern Europe which is cultivated for its yellow flowers, which bloom in early spring.
- 2013-04-08:A musical greeting to a beloved or a person of rank.
- 2013-04-09:A little-known person or thing that quickly emerges to prominence.
- 2013-04-10:The fourth stomach compartment in ruminants.
abomasum • maw • rennet-bag • reed tripe
- 2013-04-11:A size of paper (7.5"-10" x 10"-12.5")(190-254 x 254-312 mm), formed by folding and cutting one of several standard sizes of paper (15"-20" x 20"-25")(381-508 x 508-635 mm) twice to form 4 leaves (eight sides).
- 2013-04-12:The world of the dead, located underneath the world of the living.
- 2013-04-13:A shelf that is affixed to the wall above a fireplace.
mantelpiece • fireplace mantel • chimneypiece
- 2013-04-14:In a manner that cannot be recovered from or made good.
irrecoverably • irretrievably • irreparably
- 2013-04-15:Relating to, or characteristic of, the mouse, rat or any mammal of the family Muridae.
- 2013-04-16:A small marine fish of the genus Hippocampus that have a horselike head.
sea horse • seahorse
- 2013-04-17:Very generous; giving (money, praise, etc.) in abundance.
munificent • lavish • profuse • prodigal
- 2013-04-18:A sweet meringue-based confectionary made with egg white, sugar, almonds and various flavours, such as chocolate, vanille or raspberry.
- 2013-04-19:A songbird of the waxwing family.
- 2013-04-20:A person who studies, professes or practices mycology.
- 2013-04-21:A bad or unfortunate situation.
- 2013-04-22:Dry flat area where the grain is separated from the straw or husks by beating.
- 2013-04-23:A cap traditionally worn by the Pope of the Catholic Church.
- 2013-04-24:A cancerous tumor that starts in cells with gland-like properties that line some internal organs.
- 2013-04-25:The Eastern part of the Eurasian continent, that is located east of the Middle East, comprising East Asia, Southeast Asia and Russian Far East.
- 2013-04-27:A pre-agreed commission given by one of the parties in a financial transaction to somebody who has facilitated or made possible the transaction, without the knowledge of the other party.
- 2013-04-28:A person who gives predictions about the future of a person's life.
- 2013-04-29:An organism that is attracted to flowers.
- 2013-04-30:Suffering from tuberculosis.