As an anonymous user, you can only add new data. If you would like to also modify existing data, please create an account and indicate your languages on your user page.
Meta:Word of the day archive/2013/06
- 2013-06-01:A bear of the species Helarctos malayanus.
sun bear • honey bear • Malayan sun bear
- 2013-06-02:A large land snail of the species Achatina fulica.
East African land snail • giant African land snail
- 2013-06-03:A person who studies or is expert in viruses.
- 2013-06-04:To clean a surface with a broom.
- 2013-06-05:A device that plays the sound stored on a gramophone record.
gramophone • phonograph • record player
- 2013-06-06:A liquid or semi-liquid, viscous and sticky substance.
goo • goop • glop • gloop
- 2013-06-07:To copy onto a sheet of transparent paper.
- 2013-06-08:To dry with a hair dryer.
- 2013-06-09:A method of attacking a computer program, in which the program is modified so as to appear to be working normally when in reality it has been modified with the purpose to circumvent security mechanisms.
- 2013-06-10:The study of the origin, development, diagnosis and treatment of mental and behavioural disorders.
- 2013-06-11:A garden or an area of land used for the cultivation of fruit or nut trees.
- 2013-06-12:A performer who is able to play the role of an actor in the case of their absence.
- 2013-06-13:Showing promise, and likely to develop in a desirable fashion.
- 2013-06-14:A small and narrow boat propelled manually with a double-bladed paddle.
kayak • kiack • kyack • kyak
- 2013-06-15:Relating to or resembling an elf, especially in its tiny size or features.
elfin • elvish
- 2013-06-16:A solid piece of unrefined whole cane sugar obtained from the boiling and evaporation of sugarcane juice.
- 2013-06-17:An arrangement of four to ten spikes on the tails of stegosaurids.
thagomizer • thagomiser
- 2013-06-18:The part of the sclera, in the eye, where the optical nerve exits the eye.
- 2013-06-19:A device for examining the inside of an eye by projecting a light.
funduscope • ophthalmoscope
- 2013-06-20:A school that provides education for children at the second level in education systems where the schooling is divided into three levels.
- 2013-06-21:An infection of the gastrointestinal tract caused by a bacteria of the genus Shigella.
shigellosis • bacillary dysentery
- 2013-06-22:A laboratory animal whose microorganisms are completely known.
gnotobiot • gnotobiont • gnotobiote
- 2013-06-23:A flatfish of the genus Hippoglossus and the family Pleuronectidae living in the North of Atlantic and Pacific oceans.
- 2013-06-24:A province in eastern Canada, the smallest of the country.
Prince Edward Island
- 2013-06-25:A passerine bird of the family Corvidae, native to North America.
- 2013-06-26:A relatively large ant with an orange-brown body and black head and mandibules, of the species Camponotus consobrinus.
- 2013-06-27:Footwear for walking over the snow.
- 2013-06-28:A religious book that describes the life of Jesus of Nazareth.
- 2013-06-29:Filled with water from rain or rivers.
flooded • inundated • drowned • overflooded
- 2013-06-30:Capable of being seized.