As an anonymous user, you can only add new data. If you would like to also modify existing data, please create an account and indicate your languages on your user page.
Meta:Word of the day archive/2013/07
- 2013-07-01:The husband of one's biological mother, other than one's biological father.
stepfather • stepdad
- 2013-07-02:A coin worth 25 cents.
- 2013-07-03:An angle indicating the amount of rotation of an object around its longitudinal axis. For an airplane, it indicates whether its nose points up or down.
pitch • tilt
- 2013-07-04:A dialect of the Dutch language spoken in Holland, a region of the Netherlands.
Hollandic • Hollandish
- 2013-07-05:A perennial plant of the species Aegopodium podagraria that grows in shady places and is often considered to be a weed.
goutweed • bishop's weed • ground elder • herb gerard • snow-in-the-mountain
- 2013-07-06:Having formally promised to be married.
engaged • betrothed
- 2013-07-07:A type of aspirin that releases nitric oxide in the body.
- 2013-07-08:Be (or stay) silent!
- 2013-07-09:A plant that grows on another plant but does not obtain nutrients from it.
epiphyte • air plant
- 2013-07-10:A person who owns or operates a ranch.
rancher • stockgrower
- 2013-07-11:A brown blemish on the skin associated with aging and exposure to ultraviolet radiation from the sun.
age spot • liver spot
- 2013-07-12:To deprive a person of their private property for public use.
- 2013-07-13:To complete (a form, a questionnaire, etc.) by writing the requested information.
fill in • fill out
- 2013-07-14:Bark of several Eurasian and North American birch trees of the genus Betula.
- 2013-07-15:A hybrid resulting from the crossing of a male leopard with a lioness.
- 2013-07-16:A family of near-passerine birds found worldwide except in Australia, New Zealand, Madagascar and polar regions.
pisculet • sapsucker • woodpecker • wryneck
- 2013-07-17:A person who is gullible and easy to take advantage of.
chump • fall guy • gull • fool • patsy
- 2013-07-18:To get an injury to a ligament or a joint caused by a sudden overstretching.
- 2013-07-19:(For a garment) Not tight or close.
- 2013-07-20:The obtention of a more important, responsible or better paid job or rank.
- 2013-07-21:Any of a group of insectivorous plants in the genus Drosera that catch insects by sticky droplets at the end of hairs on the leafs and grow in boggy ground all over the world.
- 2013-07-22:A carnivorous quadruped of the species Proteles Lalandii, resembling the fox and hyena.
- 2013-07-23:A plant of the genus Solidago.
goldenrod • Aaron's rod
- 2013-07-24:(Of a boat) Toward the stern.
abaft • aft
- 2013-07-25:A condition where the voltage in a circuit is above its upper design limit.
- 2013-07-26:The use of bacteriophages to treat pathogenic bacterial infections.
- 2013-07-27:Inflammation of a tendon.
tendonitis • tendinitis
- 2013-07-28:A rare species of sedge native to parts of Europe.
starved wood sedge
- 2013-07-29:(Law) A notice given by an interested party to some officer not to do a certain act until the party is heard in opposition.
- 2013-07-30:The total inability to perceive colors.
achromatopsia • monochromacy • total color blindness