Meta talk:International Beer Parlour
I think it should be the "International Beer Parlo
ur"...just to stir up some trouble :P - TheDaveRoss 02:38, 14 March 2006 (CET)
What's the style guide for this? Is it like that for Wiktionary? Jfingers88 04:28, 10 April 2006 (CEST)
I don't drink beer.
So I am not welcome? --Dan 06:45, 15 September 2007 (EDT)
- You might try one of the other beverages served. GerardM 07:45, 15 September 2007 (EDT)
- Beer Parlor != Beer ? --Dan 03:45, 25 September 2007 (EDT)
I've added this section to the parlour to draw some attention. It probably should be moved to some other place in the future. dh 18:06, 27 November 2009 (UTC)
- Yes, Danke! --Kipcool 23:42, 27 November 2009 (UTC)
DM's discussion page
Why did Kipcool delete on the 2010-01-30 the hyperlink to DM's discussion page as discussion page? (and considered this deletion, as well as the deletions of the hyperlinks to the statistic pages, as a minor edit?). If there are too few pages, they get quickly too long. My idea was that the linguistics beer parlour regards expressions, while DM's discussion page would be more about DMs. --Fiable.biz 17:59, 11 February 2010 (UTC)
- My reasons:
- I deleted the link to the DM's discussion page, because I don't consider it as a main discussion page, like IBP or the linguistics beer parlour. For me, the discussion on the DM is at the same level as the discussion of any section in Help:Index (for example Help talk:Expression). Btw, the page is now there Help talk:DefinedMeaning.
- I agree that it is my view, like it was your idea to add the link, and that it should be discussed with others. others: what do you think?. However, I believe we have already enough main discussion pages, and for me the DM discussion page is more about what is a DM (like: a field in the database) than about the general philosophy of DMs. In my view, your questions should go to the linguistics beer parlour.
- deleted the link to the statistic pages, because it is now on the main page very visible, and it does not have its place on the International Beer Parlour
- minor edit because I've not added substantial content, only deleted links. Though, what is considered as a minor edit is very subjective anyway...
- as you can see, it was part of the new presentation. I removed everything that was on top of the page, because it was almost unreadable anyway. Now, we can add links to the right, but I'd like to know the opinion of others before (that's why I asked for feedback before I introduced the new presentation). --Kipcool 20:43, 11 February 2010 (UTC)
Link to the insect room
I suggest the hyperlink towards the insect room be replaced by a link to the Bugzilla, and we be asked to turn the insect room's unsolved bugs into Bugzilla's bugs. --Fiable.biz 03:12, 15 February 2010 (UTC)
- Good idea. --Amir E. Aharoni 23:26, 3 April 2010 (UTC)
New definition not appearing in the Expression page
I added a translation to the "boy (A young male person, usually a child or teenager.)" defined meaning; it is "valet" in walloon language.
I can see "valet" in the defined meaning: http://www.omegawiki.org/index.php?title=DefinedMeaning%3Aboy_(5905)&setlang=wa But I cannot see it in the Expression:valet page: http://www.omegawiki.org/index.php?title=Expression%3Avalet&setlang=wa
What have I missed? Thanks
Srtxg 08:13, 7 June 2012 (CEST)
- You need to put your cursor over the language name to change the language. It should send you to this page http://www.omegawiki.org/index.php?title=Expression:valet&explang=192
- See http://omegawiki.blogspot.de/2012/01/one-language-at-time.html
- We need to make that more obvious, because you are not the first one to have that problem.
- --Kip 11:54, 7 June 2012 (CEST)
Is the content of this w1ki free? Can I just copy and paste the definitions of,say, hilera in the Spanish Wiktionary? If the answer is yes, do you have a list of Spanish words? Thank you.
- From a purely legal point of view, Both OmegaWiki and Wiktionary use Creative Commons licenses with Attribution, which means that, theoretically, it is ok to copy a definition from OmegaWiki if you give credits (like writing in the summary of the edit "definition from OmegaWiki")
- Now, in practice, I would say we don't really care, because we just want to build a resource that is free and that people use.
- If you want to be on the safe and nice side, you can contact User talk:Ascánder, who wrote most of the Spanish definitions that we have here.
- A list of Spanish words: at the moment, we don't have one. But I can create one easily and make it available for you (just wait a few days) --Kip 17:20, 29 November 2012 (CET)
- Sorry for the delay, I had forgotten.
- A list of Spanish words is available here: http://www.omegawiki.org/downloads/dic/exp-spanish.txt. --Kip 19:15, 8 December 2012 (CET)
- Tahnk you very much.--126.96.36.199 17:54, 9 December 2012 (CET)
Why is the parlour protected? -- Ypnypn (talk) 04:54, 27 February 2013 (CET)
- There was too many vandalism at some point, and we were not enough sysop to take care of it. I unprotected it now, as the number of spam has decreased. Sorry that new users were blocked as well, I wanted to block only anonymous users, but this does not seem to be possible. --Kip (talk) 09:44, 27 February 2013 (CET)
Clean up/Archiving of old topics
I think the parlour needs some cleaning. Meta:International_Beer_Parlour#no_english_definition_for_bear_cub for instance. This is an issue which has been solved, and I think, it should be archived. We should keep the parlour clean, this gives us easier access to up to date discussions. What do you fellow drinkers (and nondrinkers) think? --Inan (talk) 09:15, 8 February 2017 (CET)