As an anonymous user, you can only add new data. If you would like to also modify existing data, please create an account and indicate your languages on your user page.
Meta talk:Questions about words
This is an experimental page, created with the following reasons:
- we have such a page on fr.wikt that attracts many visitors, asking for the definition or translation of a word, or an unclear definition, ...
- For now, the discussions on each DM are almost unsichtbar (invisible?) since people edit whether DM pages or Expression pages. It would be better if discussions were all linked from here, or directly discussed here.
- Discussing a duplicate DM needs to edit 2 DM talk pages, that's not very convenient.
Also, where should I put links to this page? Kipcool 05:45, 1 April 2007 (EDT)
- Nice idea, my talks always seem to be ignored. Put a link here from the front page, I think, or the Beer Parlour. --Troskyldigheten 13:10, 16 January 2009 (EST)
- I see this page is a hot spot: one question in 2007, one answer in 2009. Let's speed up to one post per year. ;-)
- The "Questions about words" page is getting long. What about letting it for questions which are not related to only one identifiable definedMeaning (either because the person asking the question doesn't know, or because it regards several definedMeanings, such as duplicates) and questions don't suggesting a change (neither in terms nor in definitions). Questions related to one identifiable definedMeaning and suggesting a modification would take place in the discussion page. Readers would be redirect from here to the list of definedMeanings needing attention, with, there, a clear explanation on how to flag a definedMeaning as "needing attention". What do you think?
- --Fiable.biz 05:41, 12 August 2010 (UTC)