Template:Short description of Babel levels
- xxx-1 for basic ability - enough to understand written material or simple questions in this language.
- xxx-2 for intermediate ability - enough for editing or discussions.
- xxx-3 for advanced level - though you can write in this language with no problem, some small errors might occur.
- xxx-4 for 'near-native' level - although it's not your first language from birth, your ability is something like that of a native speaker.
- xxx-5 for using a language professionally (for work) - it is appreciated when you indicate your profession.
- xxx (no hyphen or number) for native speakers who use a language every day and have a perfect grasp of it, including colloquialisms.