in print, will upload pdf ...
- some screenshots to be included - here only the text for collaborative editing
- perhaps A4 paper format (easy to print...)
- http://wikipedia.org the free wiki Encyclopedia
- http://wiktionary.org the free dictionary / lexicological companion of wikipedia
- http://OmegaWiki.org prototype for new technology for the wikimedia dictionary
Producing a free, multilingual resource in every language, with lexicological, terminological and thesaurus information that might be useful for
- looking up words...
- learning languages...
- improoving spellcheckers...
- and to provide and bring together content for every use in context with linguistic research and language technology
Screenshot wiktionary.org start page
Screenshot OmegaWiki.org entry detail page
- All Wiktionaries would be in ONE database
- Changes made for one language will be reflected in other languages
- Extending features of mediawiki for use with structured data (wikidata) and for dictionary specific use
- e.g. the language of the User Interface is selectable in the preferences
- the languages that a person wants to see the translations for are selectable
- tools for administration, editing and labeling of linguistic categories in a language independent way
current status of OmegaWiki.org
- Testrun for the basic functionality. Restricted editability
- Dual-licensing model of Creative Commons Attribution and GFDL for the contents currently at OmegaWiki.org
- Work on the Multilingual MediaWiki to be able to provide user interfaces in as many languages as possible
for further information and contact...
Mitarbeit herzlich wilkommen ;-) ...