|Babel user information|
|Users by language|
And again: I just noted that this page is terribly outdated ... so another bit of work on my to do list ...
My role on OmegaWiki:
I am a Bureaucrat and one of the initiators of this project - if you want to know the person who started this project with me in August 2004, just have a look at Gerard's user page. For now this user page is available only in English since it is considered to be the lingua franca of our times ... sooner or later maybe I will create it in German and Italian as well.
Work in real life
- I am a translator working mainly from Italian to German and English to German. Sometimes it happens that I am asked to translate also from Neapolitan to German - something I find really fun. It also happens that I translate from German to Italian - these are mainly projects where the understanding of the original text is crucial - of course the translation afterwards is being proofread by a mother tongue colleague.
- Some weeks ago, in a conversation I received the title of Evangelist for OmegaWiki - yes, I love doing that - I love this project and I take up every occasion to talk about it. I give presentations on OmegaWiki that often include also the projects of the Wikimedia foundation like Wikipedia, Wikisource etc. Considering the ProZ Conference in November 2005 and the Conference at the Scuola Superiore per Mediatori Linguistici in Pisa I just can say it is great to meet so many interesting people all working with languages.
- OmegaT ... what is a translator without a good CAT-Tool ... well many might still say that they don't need one - my opinion is that in any case it is a huge advantage to have such a tool. It helps to assure quality and to become faster. I am not sure if I can be considered an Evangelist for OmegaT as well, but that's more or less what I do whenever possible. Another work coming from OmegaT is lessons on "How to translate with OmegaT". We have some particular ideas on how to organise them ... I'll let you know when time is due :-)
- 31 March 2006: Today I was told that I should consider my English near-native ... well, it is not up to me to really understand that, but since I was told by a person who would tell me also that I sould not use it, I'll take it as is and gladly change my "Tower of Babel" to en-4 .
- 20 September 2013: After a long time I am back here. Blogs about the past years and the connection to today's work will follow on cretella.de. It's a reasoned decision. Thanks to those who made the upload of terminology possible.
- 28 September 2013: During the past years I collected quite a bunch of translations for a Children's dictionary. Right now I am adding these defined meanings to the OLPC Children's dictionary and transfer the OmegaWiki-ID to my table with words, so that translations we collecten can then be added to OmegaWiki. Very likely I will use the same lists also in future to collect data and translations.
- 9 October 2013: it seems it takes ages to add those IDs - only at entry no. 60 right now and for basic terminology there are 2000 ... sic ...
Thanks for your attention - all that comes below is just a list of various things to do, notes etc. - so it is to be considered work in progress ...
This part neads heavy review ... it's all about getting people involved in the end ... let's see if we can find a way.
- OLPC Children's Dictionary
- Apertium English wordlist
- Basic terminology
- Additional lists
- Franconian texts
- help page
- check all colours making sure there is distinction as nound and adjective use + correct German entries accordingly
- User:SabineCretella/Strings needed for WOTD
- User:SabineCretella/IDs to add to Children's Dictionary
- User:SabineCretella/IDs to add to general Dictionary
- User:SabineCretella/List for Lori
- List of terminology related to trees (from roots to leaves and needles etc.)
Subpages of my user page
That is one of those things ... I need a place where to keep my stuff ... and it gets too much to just have it in Firefox etc. so it makes sense to have it in a wiki ... but creating a separate wiki does not make sense either ... so I today (19th of March 2006) decided to go the subpages way on the project where I will work most during the following months.
- e-mail templates
- Skill list for a template on OmegaWiki
- Wordlist EN A - B - C - D - E - F - G - H - I - J - K - L - M - N - O - P - Q - R - S - T - U - V - W - X-Y-Z
- Wordlist DE A - B - C - D - E - F - G - H - I - J - K - L - M - N - O - P - Q - R - S - T - U - V - W - X-Y-Z
- Wordlist IT A - B - C - D - E - F - G - H - I - J - K - L - M - N - O - P - Q - R - S - T - U - V - W - X-Y-Z
- Wordlist NL A - B - C - D - E - F - G - H - I - J - K - L - M - N - O - P - Q - R - S - T - U - V - W - X-Y-Z
- Wordlist FR A - B - C - D - E - F - G - H - I - J - K - L - M - N - O - P - Q - R - S - T - U - V - W - X-Y-Z
- /list of countries
- /Destinazione Italia 1
- Weiter hier: http://www.omegawiki.org/index.php?title=Special:Contributions&offset=20070319105218&limit=500&target=Barbara
- Mit DefinedMeaning:annidamento (476960)
Word of the Day
- /Word of the day 2016
- /Äs Wöadla von Dooch vo OmegaWiki 2017
- /La parola del giorno di OmegaWiki 2017
- /Word of the day 2019
Stuff to remember
How to add a region to a language
- find the expression corresponding to the language => Expression:Main-Franconian
- edit the page (or the DM), obviously :)
- At the bottom there is a section "class attributes" (between class and collections)
- There you will find "area". At the corresponding rightmost column you can add more areas.