User:Waltter Manoel da Silva wtz
|Babel user information|
|Users by language|
- - Name: Waltter Manoel da Silva
- Birthday = 1952.04.22, in Itaberaí - State of Goiás, Brazil;
- Capitals I have lived in, abroad: Washington, D.C. (United States: 10 years), Peking (China), Manila (Filipinas), Helsinki (Finlândia) e Abu Dhabi ( Emirados Árabes Unidos: United Arab Emirates).
- Languages, besides Portuguese (a native speaker) : 1) English, fluency in speaking and writing = at a near native level: Eng-4; 2) French (Français); 3) Spanish (Español);
- Portuguese-grammar teacher for Brazilians, even though not professionally;
- English-grammar teacher as a foreign language, even though not professionally;
- Occasional English-Portuguese or Portuguese-English translator.
Contributions at Wikimedia Foundation
- * Wiktionary (Portuguese) , since 2005-01-04: 
- * Wiktionary (English) , since 2005-12-27;  (NOTE: Contributions before this date through an IP [internet protocol]);
- * Wikimedia Commons, since 2005.10.24;
- * Wikipedia (Portuguese) , since 2005-12-27; 
- * OmegaWiki Multilingual Dictionary (Omegawiki Project) (English) , since 2007-06-28.
Objectives in OmegaWiki
- 1. To create and expand entries in this multilingual dictionary, mainly in the following languages: English, Portuguese, French and Spanish – in the items “DefinedMeaning (sense definition): in Portuguese and English”; “synonyms”, “phraseology (example sentences)” etc: in English, Portuguese, French and Spanish;
- Notice that I have a list of around 100.000 bilingual English-Portuguese sentences I have been compiling in the past 28 years (since 1979) – most of them written in the period March1979 / August 1968 – when I lived in Washington,D.C. I started gradually publishing this list at the pt-Wiktionary (Portuguese-language dictionary of the Wiktionary Project), at the “English-Portuguese Phraseological Dictionary – IPDF” , a bilingual English-Portuguese dictionary whose entries (phraseology included) I intend to share with OmegaWiki as well. I have also a list of hundreds of French-Portuguese and Spanish-Portuguese sentences, also compiled by me since 1974;
- 2. To suggest corrections of eventual circumlocutional translations in the said four languages;
- 3. To suggest ideas in the development of the structure of OmegaWiki, in such a way as to make it more and more useful to students of foreign languages, and consequently to help increasing its efficiency in didactical terms. By doing so, I will be sharing my experience of occasional English and Portuguese grammars teacher for Brazilians, as well as an English-Portuguese-English occasional translator, both activities since 1968;
- 4. To enthusiastically join Wikimedia Foundation in another altruistic project, OMEGAWIKI, aiming at providing the whole world, as usual, with a free access to knowledge. My motivation is that such efforts help improving digital-inclusion  projects all over the world, by adding suitable information on the internet, and thus result in the improvement of life quality.
Statistics of my edits at the OmegaWiki project
- First edit: Jul 3rd 2007.
- WD-CAL = Working days by calendar year;
- WD-REAL = Real working days for my edits in a given year;
- ADEF = Creation of entry through alternative definition;
- EXSEN = Exemple sentences added;
- DM = DefinedMeaning: Creation of entry through defined meaning, that is, by adding its headword definition in the Portuguese language; (NOTE: I create each entry in Portuguese and immediately I translate it into English);
- IM / AM = Creation of entry by identical meaning (IM) or approximate meaning (AM), that is, a word or sentence which is a translation of the entry headword (for IM) or a word or sentence which is a synonym of a headword (for AM);
- TRANS DEF = Translation of definitions of English entry headwords; (Such translations are done by me in the following directions: Portuguese-English, English-Portuguese or Italian-English);
- EDITS = Total edits in a given year;
- EDITS PD-CAL = Average of edits per day in a calendar year;
- EDITS PD-REAL = Average of edits per day in real working days.
YEAR:2007 / WD-CAL: 125 / WD-REAL: 26 / ADEF: 2 / EXSEN:? / DM: 44 / IM/AM: 528 / TRANS DEF:140 / EDITS: 718 / EDITS PD-CAL: 5,744 or 5 ½ / EDITS PD-REAL: 27,615 or 27 ½