- See archive for old conversations
Welcome to OmegaWiki, I hope we will have a lot of fun making this project work :) GerardM 19:12, 17 March 2006 (CET)
server, and stuff
I probably missed the part where you were interested into becoming a database/server administrator. I think it would be wise that I give you access to the server, since we are only two with access, myself and Erik Moeller (since the server belongs to him), and both rather busy. Then you could also make updates, backups of OW, and whatever you like ;) - if it's ok for you of course.
It also would make sense that I give you access to deal with new account requests. You would receive new requests via e-mail, it's like one per week at most usually. Currently it's only me receiving the e-mail.
And, I thought you were a bureaucrat, just noticed you weren't, so now you are. (you need to be a bureaucrat to approve new requests).
Account requests are on that page http://www.omegawiki.org/Special:ConfirmAccounts/authors , the ones that are left are the "unconfirmed e-mail", which are either spammers, or legit users who got the omegawiki email in their spam folders. --Kip (talk) 20:58, 4 May 2018 (CEST)
- Thanks for the trust. I am always busy too and hope to become more busy. Being a bureaucrat to approve member requests is ok. Access to the server I do not know yet. I suggest only in emergency cases. You're talking about this Erik Moeller: https://www.linkedin.com/in/eloquence/? Contact request to him is pending, probably for some time already. Talking about LI; perhaps we make an account and/or group called 'OmegaWiki' there as well? Greetings from (temporarily) Egmond aan Zee, Klaas `Z4␟` V: 13:06, 5 May 2018 (CEST)
- Perhaps better I talk about this plan with GerardM first. If one is entitled to lead this, it would be him as one of the founders here. We had sort of a discussion on Twitter lately. Perhaps coincidence, but we got about five more followers after :-D Klaas `Z4␟` V: 11:14, 9 May 2018 (CEST)
- I asked them both and as you might have noticed I informed you as well. Klaas `Z4␟` V: 00:19, 10 May 2018 (CEST)
- I just created a group on LinkedIn - why? Well, FB is more or less dead. You can find the group here: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/8674468 - as for the word of the day on FB - my son is having exams and after that he will care about them again. Not sure in Gerard actually cares about OmegaWiki at this stage ... hmmm ... I will invite him to the group - let's see. --Sabine (talk) 11:37, 10 May 2018 (CEST)
About "loover" in Nederlands
Hello. Thank you very much for welcoming me to omegawiki. I wanted to ask you something about a word I recently added and you just deleted. It is "loover" and means foliage. It is registered in many dictionaries . And it is used by some of the most important poets . I know it belongs to the classic Dutch of the 19th century, as it appears in many glossaries , and that the more contemporary version is "lover", however I am thinking that having words of classic Dutch is important and very relevant. I, in my case, have used OmegaWiki for some philological analysis and for making glossaries into other languages, and if the classic Dutch words do not appear then there is not anyway to find them. It must be noticed that there is not a "classic Dutch" language code in OmegaWiki, and I think that no one defends it as truly another language (as they could defend, for example, middle Dutch -which also has no language code here-). So I would say that it is relevant to have it. What do you opine? Thank you very much for your time. --Refulgir (talk) 17:15, 6 June 2018 (CEST)
- If we have one word in ancient spelling of any language, we have to add them all: you want mensch not only the German Mensch, but also Dutch from the time it was spelled like that? Even if you find it "relevant" I strongly disagree. Many languages changed (read modernized) there spellings. Norway still keeps two ways of spelling, we not fortunately. Ask other native Dutch users like McDutchie, GerardM as well. I expect them to agree with me. We have to move on in the 21st century, not look back to before the second world war, to be more exact: 84 years ago. Since then spelling changed four (!) times. You expect us to use (and maintain...) some 5 to ±10 ways of spelling Dutch (Afrikaans & Flemish as well?) words?
Groeten uit Zeeburg van Klaas `Z4␟` V: 12:08, 10 June 2018 (CEST)
Deleted Expression 'suluv'. Searching via Google: an art gallery in Serbia. Besides only three symonyms were given not a definition. Klaas `Z4␟` V: 08:48, 3 September 2018 (CEST)
- According to Kip you have (or had?) contact with Bamberg Universität? Did he spoke the truth? Klaas `Z4␟` V: 10:12, 15 October 2018 (CEST)
- Yes, I worked on the Italian terminology for the Destinazione Italia project. I am trying to get in touch with Martin, who then cared about it, but I already noted that he is not working in that department anymore. Besides that, there is some stuff we maybe should discuss by e-mail and not on the wiki. --Sabine (talk) 13:27, 15 October 2018 (CEST)
- Very well. Klaas `Z4␟` V: 16:47, 17 October 2018 (CEST)
Quotes on OmegaWiki
A stupid question ... do we have any translated quotes here? Because with the IMLD project there are some we will hopefully get in more than just one or two languages ... if so: how to add them? --Sabine (talk) 11:11, 17 October 2018 (CEST)
- Is more the task of WikiQuote There is WikiCite as well. So to be the third wheel is something I do not recommend. Klaas `Z4␟` V: 16:44, 17 October 2018 (CEST)
- Hmmm ... ok - this means I will create a small db on my end - wikiquote is a pain in the neck, if you need to know if there is a translation of a specific quote. Don't know wikicite though ... will have a look. Or I will try to contact Cinzia from Logos - they do have quotes with translations, but not those I need. Thanks!--Sabine (talk) 17:07, 17 October 2018 (CEST)
- You're welcome. There are more sites with quotes. I like brainyquotes. Klaas `Z4␟` V: 23:49, 17 October 2018 (CEST)
- Klaas, I do know these sites, but they do not have "the same quote in different languages". The only website that has some is Logos Quotes, but unfortunately not those I am searching for. For now I will create a google doc and then I will see how to go about this.--Sabine (talk) 10:14, 18 October 2018 (CEST)
- Great idea, girl! Park suggestions which have no priority more or less privately, if necessary locally on your own desk-, lap, hand- or wristtop; eventually in the cloud as well. Publish after peer review with fellow active admin/bureaucrats and/or normal (do they exist?) colleagues. Greetings & salutations, Klaas `Z4␟` V: 11:24, 18 October 2018 (CEST)