Welcome to OmegaWiki. I hope you will have much fun being at this new project. Please read the article about the DefinedMeaning, when you have questions please ask or make use of IRC. Thanks, GerardM 07:05, 5 June 2006 (CEST)
How can I help you, in Türkish? I didin't undrstand so much.--erdem 13:22, 21 August 2007 (EDT)
There are many birds that are called aalscholver or comerant, some of them are flightless .. Your definition is imho not correct. GerardM 17:07, 21 August 2007 (EDT)
- In some languages the expression comerant has two different meanings: the species Phalacrocorax carbo and the family Phalacrocoracidae. The Wikipedia article w:nl:aalscholver, w:de:Kormoran (Art) and others refer explicitely to Phalacrocorax carbo. I think there should be two DMs: one for the species and one for the family. --Ortografix 17:26, 21 August 2007 (EDT)
- Indeed. :) GerardM 20:33, 21 November 2007 (EST)
Hoi, You made the Western Sahara a country .. check out the definition and you will find that it is not a country. Thanks,
NB Even the UN calls it a "territory"
- Coming back to your talkpage .. I hope you like the current solution.. GerardM 20:33, 21 November 2007 (EST)
- That's a good solution. Thank you. --Ortografix 20:37, 22 November 2007 (EST)
Of course that is not an adjective but a substantive. I can not change that word of those words , because that part of the program does not works on my PC. Greetings MARCEL 15:29, 9 December 2007 (EST)
- Whatever that means is no reason to enter a substantive as a translation of an adjective. The definition of the substantive "zoolganger" already exists. Greetings --Ortografix 19:49, 9 December 2007 (EST)
Please do not use redirects. It is functionality that is baldy broken. GerardM 19:24, 14 December 2007 (EST)
- Ok, but German expressions with "ß" after short vowels (like "Walroß") are not longer valid and many users may not know the correct spelling. How can we deal with common misspellings? --Ortografix 20:17, 14 December 2007 (EST)
When you make a page empty ..
Hoi, you can delete a page when it is to be empty.. you are an admin you know .. have the buttons .. can use it :) GerardM 16:31, 23 December 2007 (EST)
- Hi, thanks for the hint! My idea was to remove the page from the category "Articles needing attention" but to keep the history. --Ortografix 06:05, 26 December 2007 (EST)
Hallo Ortografix. Die Übersetzung "Wachtel" für quaglia stimmt. "Tipo 'e auciello" bedeutet schlicht "Vogelart". Das finde ich nicht so gelungen, darum habe ich jetzt auch keine Übersetzung eingetragen. Andreas 10:19, 6 March 2008 (EST)
- Danke für die Erklärung! Die Definition finde ich auch zu ungenau, zumindest der wissenschaftliche Name (Coturnix coturnix) sollte enthalten sein. Vor einer Korrektur ist eine Übersetzung wirklich nicht sinnvoll. Gruß --Ortografix 17:06, 6 March 2008 (EST)
Hi, when I say that I added not hunderds but thousands translations and definitions, is it than not possible that I made sometimes a mistake. I did'nt do that wilful.MARCEL 10:41, 4 October 2008 (EDT)
Ah, thanks for contacting me about that and fixing the mistake. I will read the documentation again. --OldakQuill 14:24, 15 November 2008 (EST)
Hi, when you add attributes, could you please discuss them with the community? Otherwise, we end up with everyone having his own attributes, and the others not knowing how to use them.
I refer to the new Link "idiom" that you added for example in DefinedMeaning:chicken (5778)). The idea is nice, but I believe it should link to the expression page instead of the DM page (but probably you have a reason for doing otherwise). --Kip 09:27, 4 November 2010 (UTC)
- Hi, I had no doubts that such an attribute is needed, but rather that I get an answer if I create a topic on a talk page (if no one answers it is not a discussion).
- That is not my own attribute, any one can use it. I think the usage is clear. And where is the documentation of the other attributes that where added some time? Maybe we should create a kind of news page to inform all users of that kind of changes. What do you think?
- It does not make a big difference if the expression page or the DM page is being linked. There will be hardly other definitions of "an axe to grind" or the German/Dutch,... idiom. On the other hand the definition is most important for an idiom.
- Annotations on Syntrans level can be added to DM but not to Syntrans and the one to DM does not work either. That is a bug and it will probably never be fixed. If it would work, a link attribute was not necessary.
- --Ortografix 18:56, 4 November 2010 (UTC)
- Not sure if it's related, but both DefinedMeaning:an_axe_to_grind_(689829) and DefinedMeaning:chicken_(5778) now display error mesages at the top of the page.
- About announcing changes: I don't think we need a new page, we can simply use the Beer Parlour. It's a small community, so no need to spread information over a dozen pages. --Tosca 20:58, 6 November 2010 (UTC)
Hi! I am ok with your modification to the definition of gram, but then we need to modify Expression:kilogram with a real definition, i.e. not a definition that depends on gram. --Kip 17:47, 22 January 2011 (UTC)
- Yes, you are right. I'll change the definition of kg. --Ortografix 12:26, 23 January 2011 (UTC)
- Thanks! --Kip 22:00, 23 January 2011 (UTC)
Image from Commons
Hi, in DefinedMeaning:suit (1281993), you put an image link which was not working. There were two problems:
- the URL you gave was http://en.wikipedia.org/... instead of http://commons.wikimedia.org/...
- the image is a svg image. It needs to be processed differently than other images, so I had to write a bit of additional code for it. It works now. --Kip 21:47, 22 February 2011 (UTC)
- Hi, thanks! --Ortografix 22:13, 22 February 2011 (UTC)
Hmm, in DefinedMeaning:blue (357125), there was another bug that images would not be displayed if there is no commons category link as well. Now repaired as well. Thanks for testing the functionality ;-) --Kip 08:01, 23 February 2011 (UTC)
- It was a pleasure. ;-) Thanks for adding the functionality! --Ortografix 17:34, 23 February 2011 (UTC)
Page in your language
First of all, thanks for helping to rename the pages to the Help namespace.
If you want the automatic redirection to work, e.g. from Help:OmegaWiki to Help:OmegaWiki/xxxx , I think you need to use the Mediawiki language codes, which are often the 2-letter codes (i.e. /de instead of /deu in your case).
Another possibility is to add the parameter "follow_redirect" of the extension, and just create a redirect from Help:OmegaWiki/de to Help:OmegaWiki/deu. I'll add the parameter anyway (tonight), so you can implement the solution you prefer. --Kip 09:23, 25 February 2011 (UTC)
For your information: there was a problem that blocked users (and IPs) where not blocked from editing the Expression: and DefinedMeaning: namespaces. This is now fixed. --Kip 14:32, 26 July 2011 (CEST)
- Thanks for the note! --Ortografix 23:40, 27 July 2011 (CEST)
Hello. Would you be willing to indicate your opinion at Meta:WMF support regarding WikiMedia Foundation supporting OmegaWiki? Because of the small size of our community, every voice will be important. Thanks. --InfoCan 16:33, 4 April 2012 (CEST)