Welcome to OmegaWiki, I hope we will have a lot of fun making this project work :) GerardM 19:12, 17 March 2006 (CET)
Deleting an expression
To delete an incorrect expression, (e.g. leverantier), you don't need to delete the page "Expression:leverantier". In fact, it has no effect on the Wikidata. The correct way is to remove the expression in the list of translations with the checkbox on the left column.
I know the "delete" tabs are misleading for the expression and definedmeaning namespaces, we should remove them I think. --Kip 10:58, 16 April 2011 (UTC)
- Thank you, Kip. As I told in the beer parlour, I'm not too often here. The 'delete' tab is more clear and more logical in my opinion, but if it is useless as you say, removing it is an option, but if there are more like me you have to explain this to every moderator. Patio4it 10:35, 17 April 2011 (UTC)
Thank you for your message. How do you think Omegawiki could collaborate with The Free Dictionary?
Regarding an association, we have no precise plan. We look for a place for the association, allowing people from many countries to be members of it, and enabling them to read in English the relevant laws of that country. I think at least one active member of the community should live there. You could maybe show the Meta:strategy page to your lawyer. --Fiable.biz 08:54, 30 October 2011 (UTC)
- I guess she did read it yet. She knew things I did not mail her. Regarding collaboration with Farlex: They have a partner program. Patio4it 10:33, 30 October 2011 (UTC)
Dear Patio, thank you for your message, but the only developper for Omegawiki is Kip. Please contact him about bugs, trying to be as precise as possible: explain when, in which circumstances what happens. --Fiable.biz 12:38, 5 November 2011 (UTC)
Hello Patio. Would you be willing to indicate your opinion at Meta:WMF support regarding WikiMedia Foundation supporting OmegaWiki? Because of the small size of our community, every voice will be important. Thanks. --InfoCan 16:38, 4 April 2012 (CEST)
- Sure, Thank you for asking. BTW, you know we have a Twitter-account as well? @OmegaWiki Cheers, Klaas V 15:22, 5 April 2012 (CEST)
- I didn't, I just saw it. Thanks for tweeting about OmegaWiki! --InfoCan 17:06, 6 April 2012 (CEST)
Hallo, ik begrijp via nl.wikipedia dat je contact met me zocht. Mijn overlegpagina hier kan gewoon gebruikt worden. Groet, McDutchie 14:45, 20 August 2012 (CEST)
- Ok Klaas|Z4␟V: 22:24, 12 April 2013 (CEST)
- Wat betekenen die getallen die je op mijn discussiepagina plaatste? – 23:33, 16 May 2016 (CEST) mobiel telefoonnummer
Mandarin simplified or traditional
twitter and #wotd
Hi Patio, I prepared for now one post a week with a "word of the day from the General Dictionary" or a "word in occasion of the day" (e.g. int. coffee day etc.) up to December 2014. I am publishing these for now only on Facebook (pre-programmed - that is: they are published automatically). Now I can do the same for Twitter. If you wish them on your OmegaWiki account on Twitter I would need the access data. My planned goal is "one word a day", but still: there are too many tasks right now and to get some regularity in posts I have to go for one message a week now. Please let me know. --Sabine (talk) 13:14, 12 October 2013 (CEST)
- As I told you via private e-mail I gave you the pssword. Okay? In bocca al lupo, Klaas|Z4␟V: 16:34, 18 October 2013 (CEST)
There is a tool that I did for myself.
You can try it by adding a line
It works with Wiktionary, not Wikidata. Generally, the entries title in Wikidata are not well formatted for us (use of parenthesis and abusive capitalizations) --Kip (talk) 19:30, 12 December 2013 (CET)
I, as creator of all the nth child expressions, declare that I am not vandalising or doing anything nonconstructive. The Malay translations for each of them are not indicated by number, for example Expression:anak pandak can mean fourth or fifth child and literally means short child. Do you agree to keep these expressions? --Воображение (talk) 23:45, 13 February 2014 (CET)
- Let's see if you can get consensus in http://www.omegawiki.org/Meta:International_Beer_Parlour Klaas|Z4␟V: 17:38, 14 February 2014 (CET)
3 definitions of the same (?) concept
Hello. Please see: Meta:Questions_about_words#DefinedMeaning:Mongolian_.286234.29_and_DefinedMeaning:Mongolian_.28547361.29 --Fiable.biz (talk) 11:48, 10 July 2014 (CEST)
deletion of native form "pallium" in Latin
Hello, you completed the expression I've created "Expression:pallium" with many translations and definitions: but you also deleted the latin trnslation that is the "native term", because the pallium is used mostly in catholic Church. Could be better to write the latin term? Even if it is equal to internation? Thanks,
- You're right. Though it is exactly the same just for this reason to show the original language as well. I add it again. Sorry for the inconvenience. Mea culpa, mea maxima culpa. Prolly TTYL, Klaas `Z4␟` V: 13:21, 23 August 2016 (CEST)
- Grazie mille Klaas `Z4␟` V: 12:11, 25 August 2016 (CEST)
So, I added D: and E: as aliases for DefinedMeaning: and Expression:. There is also DM:
- Cool! Thanks, Klaas `Z4␟` V: 14:05, 2 January 2017 (CET)
Milestones and bug
first of all, happy new year!
Thanks for the news about the milestone of 200 followers. It is also nice that there is still some activity here. I got a kid now so I spend a lot less time on the Internet.
Sabine told me that you thought/noticed that omegawiki was offline during the holidays. This is when I noticed that www.omegawiki.org worked but not omegawiki.org. I just corrected that (I think - there are always some surprises with web cache and apache). I was wondering if you had my email to contact me in case of problems. This is usually the best way to reach me. --Kip (talk) 21:37, 5 January 2018 (CET)